Saturday, August 26, 2006

The Goal!

Its two weeks since I started this journal. And two weeks since I embarked on the "Couch to 5K" running plan. Let me detail the short term goals I want to achieve with this fitness program:

(a) To run 5K in 25 minutes. Or be able to run at a pace of 8 minutes per mile for 25 minutes!
(b) To lose fat around my belly, and better tone my body.

By short term I mean I want to achieve these goals by the date of the Newport-Liberty waterfront run - Oct 8th.
So I have six more weeks to achieve these goals!!

Currently I run/walk 3 miles in 40 minutes. Over the next six weeks, I should be aim to increase my pace gradually and be able to run without a break for 25 minutes.

In addition, the twice-a-week strength training sessions (of which crunches are key part) should help in cutting down on my belly fat and make me look in a better physical shape.

Best of luck to me :)

No comments: