Sunday, September 23, 2007

Newport Liberty 5K 2007

Overcame last minute jitters and decided to run in this year's 5K in Newport. Finished the race with a time of 32:23. That is an improvement over the 33 odd minutes finish last year.

Last year's edition being my first 5K, I was very nervous and was being very self-critical and full of self-pity by the end of the run as I strongly felt I was not good enough to be there. This time I was free of all that baggage, and enjoyed the run without too much expectations.

In today's race, I completed the first mile in 9:45 and passed the two mile-marker by 19:30.

Will aim to get under 31 in the 5K runs next two week-ends with more regular training runs.

The official results of the race

1 comment:

Kumar Basavaraju said...

Congrats, may you run all ur races to finish with ur heads up and heart full.