Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Three rounds at Briant Park

July 4th. Independence day in the US.

Ran/walked three rounds at Briant Park. One round on the track is approximately one mile. This will be a good benchmark run to keep tab of my progress w.r.t. fitness over the summer.

My fitness goal for this summer is to be able to run a 5K race in 28 minutes or less with running the full distance. That would be a significant improvement over my current timing of 32 minutes with 40% of the time walking.


Of course I want to be able to run the 5K run in less than 20 minutes. And I also want to finish a half-marathon. And start on a Triathlon as well.

All that I can work on later. Right now, it will only be a distraction towards achieving a manageable goal over the next three months. The 5K race at the Newport-Liberty Waterfront run in early October will be the place to check my progress against my goal.

No comments: