Monday, August 14, 2006

Wake-up Call in Centennial Park
Last week when I was visiting my friends, I attempted to jog the 1.5+ mile long trail in Centennial Park.
It turned out to be a eye-opener about my fitness level. I was out of breath within a few minutes even though I was running verrrrrrry slowly. And with great difficulty - and admittedly with great satisfaction as well - I completed the circuit non-stop in 25 minutes.

The difficulty in running made me question the value of the time I spend on the elliptical machines in the Gym! I guess there is no substitute for running, and I should stick to running as my major aerobic exercise from now on.

Now after reading more about beginners training for running, I see it wasn't the right thing for me to have run the circuit non-stop. I should get myself up to speed by a combination of walking and jogging. I have 9 weeks to follow the exercise schedule mentioned in the book - seems to be achievable!

No comments: