Tuesday, May 13, 2008

30 minute running in Liberty State Park

Ran for 30 minutes today morning in Liberty State Park on the waterfront. First time I was an a trial run outdoors this Summer! Spent around 15 minutes afterwards stretching using the various ParCircuit installations.

This is the first run in my effort to prepare for a Marathon. The Healthy Kidney 10K this Saturday will be the perfect long-distance run for my preparations.

The previous post is almost two months old; while I haven't been running regularly in the past two months, I have run a few times and twice in organized races. The two races are the following:
  • Scotland Run 10K in Central Park on Sunday Mar 30th 2008. I took tons of photos from the event to give some idea to my friends back home about the way a running event is conducted in NY.
  • Prakash Farewell 5K in JP Park, Bangalore on Sunday Apr 20th 2008. I came in last in this race, as the gracious host!
When I was in Bangalore, I ran a few times in the JP Park, in addition to the participation in the 5K run.

No comments: