Sunday, January 27, 2008

Creating the ATHLETIC me

For the best part of my life, I have been sedentiary / physically inactive. I did take part in some games and sports while at school, but that was very infrequent and with no specific goal. For the past two-plus years, I have been making an effort to run regularly and have had mixed results. I have completed 5K, 5M races but the running has been very irregular.

I want to create the ATHLETIC ME. I want to qualify and run in the NYC Marathon in 2009. I want to improve my physical structure, strength and stamina over the next two years by training consistently.

Taking small steps toward the bigger goal, here is the plan for the week ahead:
Monday Morning : Run 20 minutes
Tuesday Evening : Run 2 miles
Thursday Morning : Run 20 Minutes
Friday Morning : Run 2 miles
Sunday Morning : NYRR 4 mile run + longest football throw competition

No comments: