Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Running in Central Park with colleagues

Ran with some of my colleagues today in the Central Park. The idea was suggested by GZ (from Germany) who has completed a few marathons so far, and is preparing for the NY marathon later this year. In addition to GZ and I, JB (from France) and OC (from Cameroon) came along for the run today. More people are expected to join next week.

We started running from our office at around 7:15 and reached Central Park and ran on the right-side road towards the reservoir. The run to the reservoir was a bit of a struggle for me, and I had to slow down a couple of times. The other guys slowed down with me to give me company. After reaching the reservoir, I let them go ahead and ran slowly at my own pace. While JB and GZ covered two rounds across the reservoir (one round being rougly one mile long) OC and I ran one round. Later on all of us ran/walked back together to the exit of Central Park at which point GZ went back to run some more. We walked back to office.

It was around 8:15 when we finished running. My guess is the total run must have been around 4 miles.

This was definitely good way to go about working out. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks I will be able to keep pace with JB and GZ.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep running dude !!

Anonymous said...

yes 5k seems very less :)